OfficeScan detects a malware. However, the OfficeScan console does not show any security risk logs on the dashboard's widget. Control Manager (TMCM) is able to display the malware logs, but OfficeScan cannot.
The issue happens because the OfficeScan 11.0 server is using an earlier version of ofccmagent.exe.
Below are the two options to resolve the issue:
Option 1: Re-apply OfficeScan 11.0 SP1 and OfficeScan 11.0 CP 4150 (Recommended)
OfficeScan 11.0 Service Pack 1 and OfficeScan 11.0 Critical Patch 4150 are repackaged in November 2015. Re-apply and run the appropriate patch on the OfficeScan 11.0 server to replace the ofccmagent.exe with the latest version.
Option 2: Manually fix the ofccmagent.exe file
- Go to ...\PCCSRV\cmagent folder.
- Look for the two instances of ofccmagent:
- ofccmagent with no extension name and has 4/27/2015 timestamp
- ofccmagent.exe with 4/8/2015 timestamp
- Stop the Officescan Master service.
- Rename the ofccmangent.exe (4/8/2015 timestamp) to ofccmagent.exe.old.
- Rename the ofccmagent (4/27/2015 timestamp) to ofccmagent.exe.
- Restart the Officescan Master service.
- Download an Eicar test file. It should be recorded and seen in the OfficeScan logs and widgets.