After installing SMEX on Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, SMEX cannot process any mail. After following KB 1104668, the transport agent cannot be installed manually. An error message is displayed on the Windows PowerShell:
Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Smex\hookE12TransportAgent.dll' or one of its ... Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
To resolve this issue:
- Download the Service Pack 1 (if you have removed it).
- Run the installer and accept the EULA.
- Select "Uninstall" .
Once the uninstallation is complete, check if the Transport Agents are now visible, “Get-TransportAgent”. If so, continue to install Service Pack 1. Make sure to disable the following services before reinstalling Service Pack 1:
- MsExchange Transport Service
- World Wide Web Publishing (W3P) Service
- MsExchange Diagnostic Service