This article answers the following:
- What are the updatable components on DDI?
- What is the release interval for these components?
The updatable components in DDI can be found on the Admin WebUI (Administration > Updates > Component Updates > Manual). The following is an example of DDI 3.8:
|Component||Current Version||Latest Version||Last Updated|
|Advanced Threat Scan Engine||9.826.1165||9.826.1165||Thu 24 Dec 2015 08:00:15 PM CST|
|Virus Pattern||12.277.92||12.277.92||Mon 18 Jan 2016 02:01:27 AM CST|
|Spyware Active-monitoring Pattern||1.695.00||1.695.00||Thu 14 Jan 2016 06:00:22 PM CST|
|IntelliTrap Pattern||0.227.00||0.227.00||Wed 13 Jan 2016 04:00:12 PM CST|
|IntelliTrap Exception Pattern||1.257.00||1.257.00||Tue 12 Jan 2016 08:00:28 PM CST|
|Network Content Inspection Pattern||1.12465.00||1.12465.00||Fri 15 Jan 2016 06:00:16 PM CST|
|Network Content Inspection Engine||3.650.1006||N/A|
|Network Content Correlation Pattern||1.12435.00||1.12435.00||Fri 15 Jan 2016 06:01:04 PM CST|
|Script Analyzer Lineup Engine||2.600.9999|
|Script Analyzer Lineup Pattern||2.50000.81|
|Virtual Analyzer Sensors||5.0.1265||5.0.1692|
|Deep Discovery Memory Inspection Pattern||1.294.00||1.294.00|
|Threat Correlation Pattern||1.00000.15||1.00000.15|
|Deep Discovery Inspector Firmware||3.80.1213||N/A||Sat 19 Sep 2015 10:47:11 PM CST|
Release interval of the updatable components
- A Virus Pattern is usually released daily.
- Network Content Inspection Pattern and Network Content Correlation Pattern are usually released 2 times a week. Note that DDI rules are defined in the Network Content Inspection Pattern.
- Other components are released irregularly.
- DDI Firmware is updatable by design. However, as noted in AG, firmware update is suggested to be done in the Firmware Update screen (Manually). And up until now, no DDI firmware has been uploaded on AU, though it is possible in the future.