In VDI environment, you can install Deep Security Agent (DSA) on the Master Image, and then use a script to automatically activate the DSA.
In Combined Mode with VMware Horizon View, a startup script is unnecessary because Deep Security Manager (DSM) 9.6 can activate both agentless and agent-based protection via Event-based task.
However, this does not work well on the VMware Horizon View VDI clients when they are re-composed or refreshed to their previous state. When recomposing or refreshing the VDI, DSM fails to trigger the Event-based task to activate the VMs. This happens because there is no New event sent from the vCenter.
To resolve the issue:
- Activate the DSA on the VDI Master Image
- On the console, go to Administration > System Settings > Agents.
- Set the following configuration on the Agent-Initiated Activation.
- Enable the Agent-Initiated Activation
- If a computer with the same name already exists: Re-activate the existing Computer
- Allow re-activation of cloned VMs