Increase protection from ransomware threats in SMEX by following this guide.
To enable Email Reputation Services:
- On the SMEX console, go to the Email Reputation screen by navigating to Spam Prevention > Email Reputation.
- Select Enable Email Reputation.
- Click Save.
To enable Web Reputation Services:
- On the SMEX console, go to the Web Reputation screen by navigating to Web Reputation from the main menu.
- Select Enable Web Reputation.
- Click Save.
To enable Macro Scan:
- On the SMEX console go to Security Risk Scan > Action.
- Navigate to Advanced Options and check Enable advanced macro scan.
To Configure SMEX with Sandbox integration in Deep Discovery Analyzer (DDAN):
- Register to DDAN : SMEX console > Virtual Analyzer.
- On the SMEX console go to Security Risk Scan > Target then check Advanced Threat Scan Engine.
Scan Mail Ransomware visibility change (only applicable in SMEX 12.0 Patch 1)
Email is one of the major vectors for ransomware attacks. Even though SMEX already blocks most emails with ransomware links or attachments, there is no dedicated ransomware category in previous versions and customers may have no awareness how much work SMEX has done to block emails with ransomware. In this patch, SMEX has enhanced the ransomware visibility so that customers will know how many ransomware emails SMEX has blocked.
To view the result of the Ransomware Prevention, on the SMEX console go to Summary > Ransomware.
To generate the report for Ransomware Prevention, on the SMEX console go to Report > One-time reports/ Schedule reports > The Ransomware report >Generate.