When upgrading SMEX to version 12.0, Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express needs to be installed first.
Learn about these steps on how to upgrade from Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express to Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express.
- Download Microsoft® SQL Server® 2014 Express.
- Disable all SMEX services.
- Backup the following database files under the folder …/TrendMicro/SMEX/Data:
- Start the installation and select the option "Upgrade from SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2012".
- During the installation, the instance "SCANMAIL" will be upgraded.
- After a successful installation, you may perform the upgrade to SMEX 12.0.