After applying upgrades (Service Packs, Critical Patches, or Hot Fixes) to the OfficeScan (OSCE) 11.0 Service Pack (SP) 1 server, client machines are unable to upgrade to the current build/version.
The following error appears in the upgrade log file:
2016/02/19 23:18:08 - [InstallShellExtension] ===> 2016/02/19 23:18:08 - [RemoveShellExtension] Load library error C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\TREND MICRO\OFFICESCAN CLIENT\TMDSHELL.DLL , err = 193
This error occurs on OSCE clients that are prohibited from downloading updates from the OSCE server. Moreover, this is also experienced when there is an incorrectly-configured Update Agent.
To fix this issue:
- Allow client machines to upgrade their version and download hot fixes.
- Open the OfficeScan management console.
- Go to Agents > Agent Management.
- Click Settings > Privileges and Other Settings.
- Choose Other Settings > Update Settings.
- Untick the Clients can update components but not upgrade the client program or deploy hot fixes option.
- Click Apply to All Agents.
- Ensure that Update Agents are allowed to host program upgrades and hotfixes by following the steps in the OfficeScan clients cannot update/upgrade even when allowed to upgrade and deploy hot fixes Knowledge Base (KB) article.
- Attempt to deploy the upgrades again.
OSCE clients/agents should be able to download program updates/patches successfully.
If the issue still persists after performing the steps above, contact Trend Micro Technical Support to request for assistance in debugging the product.