The error message appears due to the following situations:
- The previous Deep Security license has expired on DSM server.
- Customer activated the server with another valid activation code. It could be a code from another license or a temporary code provided by our sales representative.
- Customer already used this activation code on this server before.
The issue occurs because the DSM stores in its database all the activation codes entered to activate the DSM. There is no tool to manage these activation codes using the user interface.
To resolve the issue, do any of the following:
- Contact your sales representative to get a new unique activation code.
- Contact Trend Micro Technical Support to get instructions on how to remove the old activation codes from the DSM database.