After upgrading the OfficeScan (OSCE) server and clients from version 10.6 to 11.0, scheduled scan results show that they stopped unexpectedly on several agents or client machines.
The management console also shows the client status under the “Last Virus Scan (Scheduled)” column as "N/A" even though on-demand scans have been configured to run regularly.
The issue is caused by scheduled or on-demand scans getting interrupted or delayed due to incorrect settings.
Configure Manual Scan, Scheduled Scan, and Scan Now settings to optimize performance and resume interrupted scheduled scans as follows:
- Follow the steps in the Tips for improving the performance of OfficeScan Manual Scan/Scheduled Scan/Scan now KB article to improve scan performance.
- Set OSCE to resume missed and interrupted scheduled scans:
- Open the OSCE management console.
- Click Agents > Global Agent Settings.
- Under the Scheduled Scan Settings section, enable the following options:
- Resume an Interrupted Scheduled Scan
- Resume a Missed Scheduled Scan
- Select the time option when to resume the missed/interrupted scan:
- Same time next day
- X minutes after the endpoint starts
- Click Save to apply your settings.
With these settings in place, scheduled scans will take less time to run, and will resume if they get interrupted.