The number of queued clients during update deployment stays high, but the number of notified agents does not increase.
The administrator has already tried updating the root certificates on the OSCE server and client machines. However, the issue persists.
The queuing occurs when pending client update notifications get stuck in the notification queue, or when the OSCE server tries to update too many clients at the same time.
Update the OSCE server to the latest product build, and configure its update settings properly to address the issue. To do this:
Improve the functionality, security, and stability of the OSCE server and clients by updating them to the latest build. To do this:
- Check the product build version of the OSCE server, please refer to the Checking the product version, build, pattern file and scan engine versions, and activation code of OfficeScan KB article.
- Download and install OfficeScan 11.0 Service Pack (SP) 1 Critical Patch (CP) Build 6054, as well as any prerequisite files (listed below) from the OSCE Download Center.
Customers applying OfficeScan 11.0 SP1 CP Build 6054 must first apply the following in order before applying the latest CP:
- OfficeScan 11.0 GM (Build 1028)
- OfficeScan 11.0 SP1 (Build 2995)
- OfficeScan 11.0 SP1 CP Build 4150 or later
The CP 6054 installer may return an error message if any of the above components are not currently installed.
Create more server update threads to handle the notifications. To do this:
- Go to the server's ..\PCCSRV\ installation directory.
- Open the Ofcscan.ini file in Notepad.
- Add the "Send_Notify_UA_Threshold" and "Send_Notify_Thread_Number" entries under the "INI_SERVER_SECTION" section in the Ofcscan.ini file.
[INI_SERVER_SECTION] Send_Notify_UA_Threshold=50 Send_Notify_Thread_Number=20
- Save the changes and close the "Ofcscan.ini" file.
- Restart the OSCE Master Service via the Windows Services console (services.msc).
Another option is to use the Server Tuner tool to help optimize the performance of the OSCE server.
When the OSCE server fails to process client update notifications, succeeding entries in the notification queue may fail because previous queue entries are not deleted to allow the next ones to proceed.
Schedule regular notification queue cleanup using the steps in the Server notification queue cleanup KB article.
Set up Update Agents for segmented networks to balance the loading of the server for updates. Follow the steps in the Configuring OfficeScan clients/agents to act as Update Agents KB article.
For more information, you may check the OfficeScan 11.0 SP1 Online Help.