With the recent release of EAC Patch 3 Build 1180 for EAC Server, there have been cases of web management console unavailability after upgrading to this new build, showing the error "Page cannot be displayed." Although this is not always an issue with EAC customers, we found out that the root cause is that the installer package may have trouble stopping all EAC Server services and/or is unable to completely delete some of the Web Application binaries after performing a backup.
To resolve this issue:
- Log on to the EAC Server.
- Open the Services MMC (services.msc) and stop the Trend Micro Endpoint Application Control Service.
- Open Windows Explorer (explorer.exe), go to %PROGRAMFILES%\Trend Micro\Endpoint Application Control\AcServer\webapps and delete the acserver folder.
There is no need to create a backup copy of the acserver folder before deleting it. Also, make sure that there are no other folders or files residing in the webapps directory except the folders acserver and tmeac, and the files acserver.war and tmeac.war.
- Start the Trend Micro Endpoint Application Control Service from the Services MMC.
- Wait for 3-5 minutes before accessing the EAC Web Management Console using Internet Explorer.