Trend Micro EAC 2.0 Patch 3 is now released and posted on Trend Micro’s Download Center.
Server Patch 3 Build 1180
- Resolves high CPU usage when handling computer and domain names with special characters
- Resolves EAC Web Management Console “not responding” issue when connection limit to the EAC Server is reached
- Reduces the disk space requirement needed by EAC Server to maintain Inventory Scan Database from the agents
- Improves EAC Server performance when “Indexing” Inventory Scan Database sent by the agents
Agent Patch 3 Build 1224
- The EAC Agent switches to low Input/Output (IO) priority for better performance during inventory scan.
- The EAC Agent connection to the server uses less bandwidth and lowers traffic, optimizing both endpoint and server performance when exchanging network data transfers.
Package Availability (Download Center)
Get EAC 2.0 Patch 3 from Trend Micro's Download Center.
Server Patch 3 Build 1180 upgrades the EAC Server to Patch 3 Build 1180.
Agent Patch 3 Build 1224 is a standalone package that installs and upgrades EAC Agent to Patch 3 Build 1224.
Package Availability (ActiveUpdate Server)
EAC 2.0 Patch 3 is now available on Trend Micro’s ActiveUpdate (AU) servers allowing you to:
- Deploy Agent Patch 3 Build 1224 via OfficeScan Plug-in Manager Service
- Download Agent Patch 3 Build 1224 and Server Patch 3 Build 1180 from the EAC Web Management Console
For information about how to install and deploy EAC 2.0 Patch 3, follow the steps in the Endpoint Application Control Online Help – Product Installation page.
- In some EAC Server environment, you may encounter an error when accessing or logging in to the EAC Web Management Console, “Page cannot be displayed” when using Microsoft Internet Explorer browser after upgrading the server to Patch 3 Build 1180. To fix this issue, follow the steps in this KB article.
- Upgrading existing EAC Agents via OfficeScan Plug-in Manager Service will trigger an Inventory Scan for all upgraded endpoints. Although a couple of Agent Patch 3 enhancements are for both CPU and Network usage optimization, Trend Micro still recommends deploying in batches to avoid unexpected network traffic congestion when agents register to the EAC Server, especially for customers who have low bandwidth requirements. For very large deployments, 250 agents per batch is recommended. You may then gradually increase the number by 50 or 100 as desired.