To balance the system performance, you can configure the exclusion option in order to avoid scanning the files used by the system.
This article enumerates the suggested exclusions for better performance. You can also tweak these exclusions based on your requirements.
Trend Micro recommends the following exclusions:
- Oracle database files (if Oracle is installed under /opt)
- Evolution data files
- Thunderbird data files
- Encrypted files
- JAR files for Real-Time Scan
- Archive files for Real-Time Scan
- DTX files for Real-Time Scan
- WAR files
- Groupwise folders
- Selected Open Enterprise Server files
There is no need to add /proc, /sys and /var/opt/ds_agent in the exclusion list as they are excluded by default.