Sometimes a user will unintentionally or unknowingly place a computer into Roaming Mode. When in Roaming Mode (i.e. Independent Mode for OSCE XG), the OfficeScan agent will no longer communicate with the OfficeScan server. Thus, the agent no longer receives policy updates from the server.
In the OfficeScan server console, there is a setting found in Agents > Agent Management > Settings > Privileges and Other Settings > [Privileges] tab > [Roaming] section > Enable roaming mode that allows an end user to place a computer in Roaming Mode.
Once placed in Roaming Mode, the endpoint no longer communicates with the OfficeScan server until the end user turns off Roaming Mode. Sometimes, the user does not realize that they have done this.
To disable Roaming/Mobile/Independent Mode on the endpoint:
- In the OfficeScan web console, turn off "Enable roaming mode".
- On the endpoint, determine if Roaming Mode is allowed.
C:\>reg query HKLM\Software\wow6432Node\TrendMicro\Pc-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc. /v AllowMobile
AllowMobile REG_DWORD 0x1
- Determine if Roaming Mode is turned on.
C:\>reg query HKLM\Software\wow6432Node\TrendMicro\Pc-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc. /v ForceMobile
ForceMobile REG_DWORD 0x1
- Open a command prompt.
- Navigate to the OfficeScan client install directory. The default location is c:\program files (x86)\trend micro\officescan client.
- Unload the OfficeScan client using the following command:
upgrade.exe unload "my unload password"
- Change the value for AllowMobile and ForceMobile from "1" to "0".
- Restart the OfficeScan client by executing pccntmon.exe from the OfficeScan client directory.