To remove the Deep Security Relay Functionality (DSR), follow the steps below:
- Identify the hostname of the DSR/DSA. Do the following:
- Open the Deep Security Manager Console.
- Go to Administration > Updates > Relay Groups, then double-click on the Relay Group which contains the DSR/DSA you wish to demote.
- Identify the hostname under General - Members and take a note of the hostname.
- Deactivate the DSR/DSA from the Deep Security Manager Console.
- Uninstall the DSR/DSA locally form the Operating System.
- Identify and remove the DSR/DSA from the DSM SQL Database. Do the following:
- Connect to the DSM SQL Database using Microsoft SQL Management Studio.
- Confirm if the DSR/DSA hostname exists in the "hosts" table. Use the following command:
select * from hosts where Hostname='YOUR_HOSTNAME'
- Remove the DSR/DSA hostname from the "hosts" table. Use the following command:
delete from hosts where Hostname='YOUR_HOSTNAME'
- Install the DSA on the Operating System again.
- If the machine is a Virtual machine, perform a manual synchronization with your vCenter from within the DSM Console. Otherwise chose the Discover Option of the DSM to identify the machine from within the DSM Console.
- Activate the DSA from within the DSM Console.
- To verify that the DSR has been removed, do the following:
- Open the context window of the machine.
- Go to Overview > Actions > Software. The Enable Relay button can be clicked again.