You have disabled the following settings under the Real-time Scan settings in order for the OSCE client to skip scanning of removable drives:
- Scan the boot sector of the USB storage device after plugging in
- Scan all files in removable storage devices after plugging in
However, files on removable drives are still scanned when the files on the drives are accessed.
Disabling the two settings shown above only prevents the automatic scanning of the boot sector and files on removable or USB storage device every time the user plugs it in. Files will still be scanned for malware by Real-time scans when the files are accessed.
To exclude the drives from scanning, add the removable drive letters to be skipped to the Real-time Scan Directories exclusion list.
Scan exclusion lists for files and directories support the use of wildcard characters. Use the "?" character to replace one character and "*" to replace several characters.
Use wildcard characters cautiously. Using the wrong character might exclude incorrect files or directories. For example, adding c:\* to the Scan Exclusion List (Files) would exclude the entire c:\ drive.
- Log on to the OSCE Management Console.
- Go to Agents > Agent Management.
- In the agent tree, click the root domain icon to include all agents or select specific domains or agents.
- Click Settings > Scan Settings > Real-time Scan Settings.
- Select the following options:
- Enable virus/malware scan
- Enable spyware/grayware scan
- Under the Scan Exclusion tab, tick "Enable scan exclusion".
- Add the drive letter(s) to exclude from scanning.
For example, if the removable drive letter is e:, add e:\* to the list as shown below.
- If you selected domain(s) or agent(s) in the agent tree, click Save. If you clicked the root domain icon, choose from the following options:
- Apply to All Agents: Applies settings to all existing agents and to any new agent added to an existing/future domain. Future domains are domains not yet created at the time you configured the settings.
- Apply to Future Domains Only: Applies settings only to agents added to future domains. This option will not apply settings to new agents added to an existing domain.
Files on removable drive letters should now be excluded from real-time scanning.