Learn how to import and deploy a KernelSupport*.zip in a Deep Security Manager (DSM) and Linux-based installation of a Deep Security Agent (DSA).
The Kernel Hook Support Module (KHM) can be deployed whether the DSA is already installed or not.
To deploy the Kernel Hook Support Module:
- Run "uname -a" shell command to identify the installed Linux OS kernel.
- Check the following documents to see if Trend Micro provides the Kernel Hook Support Module for your installed Linux OS:
- Download and import the appropriate Kernel Hook Support Module for your installed Linux OS using any of these options:
- On the DSM console, go to Administration > Updates > Software > Local > Import.
- On the DSM console, go to Administration > Updates > Software > Download Center and find the KHM, then import it.
- Install the DSA on your Linux OS. The imported Kernel Hook Support Module will be deployed automatically upon activating the DSA.
If you want to deploy the Kernel Hook Support Module when the DSA is already installed, do the same procedure above. The imported module will be launched upon reactivating the installed DSA.