In rare circumstances, it may fail to reset a Deep Security Agent (DSA) using either of the following methods:
- Deactivate the DSA on the Deep Security Manager (DSM) console.
- Run "dsa_control -r, /r, --reset" on the command line.
To force reset the DSA:
- Boot the machine into Safe Mode.
- Set the following services to start manually:
- Trend Micro Deep Security Agent
- Trend Micro Solution Platform
- Disable the Self-Protection of DSA by setting the value of the following registry key hive to "0"
Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\TrendMicro\Deep Security Agent\Self Protect=0
- Rename the following files under Deep Security Agent directory:
- Boot the machine in Normal Mode.
- Start the Trend Micro Deep Security Agent service.
- Run the following command to reset the agent:
Optionally, you can uninstall the DSA using the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs option. If the process fails please uninstall using the steps detailed on this KB article.