Learn how to manually update EAC pattern and program through UNC path.
To perform manual update:
- Set up a machine where you host the update source. Create a shared directory and name it as "activeupdate".
- Inside the activeupdate folder, create 2 folders named "pattern" and "product".
- Create the needed folders. Directories should be as follows:
- Download server.ini to activeupdate folder. (This applies to all update information.)
- Edit the server.ini file, and change the values accordingly:
Server.1=\\<IP address of host au>\activeupdate
AltServer=\\<IP address of host au>\activeupdate
- Download program and CSS pattern and put them in the directory specified in Step 3.
Pattern update values are dependent on the latest server.ini you download.
- Go to the EAC Server Management Console > Updates.
- Select Internet or Network Share and put \\<IP address of host au>\activeupdate.
- Click Save.
After you click Save, if a new pattern is detected by EAC server, it will show an "Update Now" button. If you did not click the button, it will initiate it on the next Automatic Update Schedule specified.