You may encounter the following error message in host events:
Unable to complete the operation due to the following error on the Agent/Appliance: Error processing PKCS7 data: error:06065064:
Additionally, one or more of the following symptoms may occur:
- It shows "Send Policy Failed" events.
- Deep Security Agent (DSA) may turn into offline status after its successful activation.
- Only one computer appears on the Computer page even when multiple computers are activated.
The Deep Security Manager (DSM) identifies Deep Security Agents based on the UUIDs. When computers have duplicated UUIDs, the issues mentioned above may occur because DSM could not handle requests from DSA due to duplicated UUIDs.
Some possible reasons of UUID duplication are as follows:
- Virtual machines are cloned using an unsupported method.
- A computer was not deactivated before restoring, and then it was restored after the computer was already activated by DSM.
To fix the issue:
- Find out the cause of UUID duplication and correct it.
- Remove the duplicate computers from the Computers page.
- Reset and reactivate the Deep Security Agent.
In case you are not able to identify the UUID duplication issue, do the following as a workaround: