SMEX 12.0 SP1 Patch 1 is now released and posted on Trend Micro’s Download Center.
The new features of SMEX 12.0 SP1 Patch 1 are as follows:
- Deep Discovery Analyzer integration improvement
The Virtual Analyzer feature relative module of SMEX is redesigned providing better performance and stability when integrated with Deep Discovery Analyzer Server.
- Support for Windows Server 2016 and SQL Server 2016
Windows Server 2016 and SQL Server 2016 are fully supported in SMEX 12.0 GM and later.
- Virtual Analyzer URL keyword whitelist
This patch enables SMEX to configure a URL keyword whitelist to exclude URLs from advanced threats analysis.
As an example, for some special types of URLs, it would be better to exclude them from sending to the virtual analyzer for analysis:
- For the registration form URL or logon URL, it is useless to submit to DDAN server because virtual analyzer could not input correct data and continue.
- For the subscribe/unsubscribe or vote URL, virtual analyzer will simulate the user clicking the confirm/subscribe button. When URL is clicked, it means user will vote Yes or No, or register marketing news for other service. It would cause unexpected results.
- New Attachment Blocking policy
This patch allows you to configure attachment blocking policy from specific sender(s) to specific recipient(s).
- Quarantine Resend
This patch enables you to resend the quarantine message as a new message to Blind Carbon Copy recipients without any disclosure in the new message.
- Special Group Wildcard
This patch enables you to configure special group SMTP address with asterisk(*) wildcard in domain name or user name part.
Valid wildcard examples:*@*.<domain>
- Disable virtual analyzer timeout/error notification to recipients
This patch disables the notification email messages that are sent to sender(s) or recipient(s) when advanced threats analysis timeout/error occurs. Only configured admin/user accounts will be notified about the error.
- SMEX server shows offline after performing server settings replication from TMCM
This patch resolves this issue, ensuring CMAgent not to re-initialize after replicating server settings from TMCM console.
For a complete list of the new features and enhancements, refer to the Readme.
Trend Micro recommends that you apply the latest patch for SMEX 12.0 SP1.
Download SMEX 12.0 SP1 Patch 1 here.
For support assistance, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support.