This article shows you the steps to enable the password complexity verification feature in TMCM 6.0 to validate the strength when:
- Creating a new account
- Changing the account password
The password complexity verification feature is based on the following:
- Does not contain the user's account name.
- Should be at least six (6) characters long.
- Contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
Users of TMCM with hotfix 3259 already have this feature. To enable the password complexity verification feature, do the following:
- Stop the TMCM service.
- Make a backup of the systemconfiguration.xml file, located in ..\Trend Micro\Control Manager.
- Open the SystemConfiguration.xml file using a text editor.
- Locate or add the "m_strIsCheckPwdComplexity" key and set its value to "1".
To disable the feature, set "m_strIsCheckPwdComplexity" to "0" (zero).
- Save the changes, then close the file.
- Restart the TMCM service.