Deep Security Manager (DSM) displays the agent's status as "Activating (Delayed)". This alert is usually triggered by an event task for matching activation conditions, but the activation job got stuck at a certain process in the database. In an agentless environment, this issue may happen if an unnecessary filter driver is installed on ESXi host.
To resolve the issue:
- On the Deep Security Manager console, go to Event-Based task.
- Delete an event-based task related to activation.
- Stop the Deep Security Manager service.
- Go to your SQL server and open the DSM database. Make sure to back up the database first.
- Execute the following SQL command to query the ongoing tasks:
select * from managerjobs where CompletedDate is NULL;
- Run the command below to clear the unfinished tasks:
delete from managerjobs where CompletedDate is NULL;
- Check if the jobs or tasks disappear from the console's status bar. If not, run the following command:
DELETE FROM dbo.managerjobs
- Start the Deep Security Manager service and check the agent status.