Most customers use simple formula to evaluate Cloud App Security effectiveness - based on Office 365, online storage service built-in protection, amount of additional detections and the false positive (FP) rate. Trend core technology FP rate is low (according to our internal experts and 3rd-party benchmarking), so the key to success is in maximizing CAS protection.
The following are the recommended settings when performing POC testing:
- Enabling most of Cloud App Security protections
- Enabling most of Office 365 Mailboxes, SharePoint sites, OneDrive users into testing
- Enabling most of Box/Dropbox/Google Drive users into testing
- Clicking "click here" first to sync newly created users before testing
- Performing a manual cloud mailbox scan, in the case of mailbox migration from on-prem to cloud
- Enabling RMS protection under Policy, after doing the Right Management Services (RMS) protection provision