The self-protection of the VPA or VPR Agent prevents agent uninstallation when the VPM is no longer available, so the hardening mechanism must be disabled.
To disable the self-protection via command line:
- Open the Command prompt.
- Navigate to the installation folder:
- For VPA: ...\Vulnerability Protection Agent
- For VPR Agent: ...\Vulnerability Protection Relay
- Enter the command appropriate to your product version to disable the self-protection:
where the value of "s" is:
- s = 1 - to enable self-protection (default)
- s = 0 - to disable self-protection
If the VPA installation is password-protected, use the following command instead:
dsa_control -s=0 -p "password_in_clear_text"
- Continue uninstalling the agent via Windows Control Panel. The agent's self-protection should be disabled afterwards.