This article shows how an Administrator can add settings on the Domain level of Windows Server platforms for the following OfficeScan services :
- Behavior Monitoring Service
- Firewall Service
- Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention™ (DLP) Service
- Suspicious Connection Service
- Advanced Protection Service
To enable the new service settings:
- Log on to the OfficeScan server as an Administrator or with an administrator-level account.
Install Hot Fix 6223. For the more information about the Hot Fix, refer to the Readme file.Trend Micro recommends installing OSCE 11.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1) with Critical Patch 6054 before installing Hot Fix 6223. The OSCE XG Patch 1 support this configuration as well.
- Back up and edit the ofcserver.ini file under the ..\PCCSRV\Private directory.
Go to [INI_SERVER_SECTION] and add the following line:
SupportToConfigureServerPlatformForMultiClient = 1
- Save the changes.
On the OSCE web console, go to Agents > Agent Management. Right-click on Domain then select Additional Service Settings.
The new service settings should now be visible from the Domain Level.
- If the new service settings are not present, restart the OfficeScan Master Service.
With this small feature, Administrators can also configure the “Additional Service Settings” from the Domain, Root, or multiple-selected clients/agents of Windows Server platforms.