The Proxy Setting tab is enabled by default in the OfficeScan client's main console. This article provides the steps on how an Administrator can disable access to this feature in the OfficeScan client's main console.
To disable the "Proxy" setting, do the following:
- Log on to the OfficeScan server as an administrator or with an administrator-level account.
- On the OfficeScan web console, go to Agents > Agent Management.
- In the agent tree, click the root domain to include all agents or select specific domains or agents.
- Click Settings > Privileges and Other Settings.
- On the Privileges tab, go to the Proxy Settings section.
- Uncheck "Allow users to configure proxy settings".
The Proxy Settings tab displays the proxy settings the OfficeScan agent uses to connect to an update source. If users disable this feature, the proxy settings revert to the default settings.
- If you selected domain(s) or agent(s) in the agent tree, click Save. If you clicked the root domain icon, choose from the following options:
- Apply to All Agents: Applies settings to all existing agents and to any new agent added to an existing/future domain. Future domains are domains not yet created at the time you configured the settings.
- Apply to Future Domains Only: Applies settings only to agents added to future domains. This option will not apply settings to new agents added to an existing domain.
Allow a few minutes to replicate the change to all clients/agents. To hasten the update on an agent, you may right-click on the agent's system tray icon and choose Update Now.