When you updated the OS Kernel, the following error may show in the ds_agent.log:
Couldn't load module /opt/ds_agent/lib/libvmpd_scanctrl.so
The lib file mentioned in the error is for the Linux Anti-Malware Real-Time Scanner.
To resolve the issue:
- Make sure the parameter "rtscan_hook_enable" value is set to "1".
- Check if there is a provided KSP package depending on the machine's "uname -a". If the specific kernel can be found, import it into the Deep Security Manager (DSM) console and reactivate the affected Deep Security Agent. This will ensure that the newer KSP will be loaded to the installed agent.
Otherwise, contact Trend Micro Technical Support to request for a new KSP.
- Make sure the installer matches the Linux platform (e.g. RHEL6 installer package in RHEL OS).
- Re-install the Deep Security Agent.
- If the issue persists, collect additional logs for further checking.