This article explains how to delete the relay function of Vulnerability Protection Agent. The procedure applies to customers who want to un-relay the agent when they accidentally made it as a relay.
To remove relay function:
- On the Vulnerability Protection Manager console, perform Deactivate for the agent you want to uninstall the relay.
- Go to the agent machine and uninstall the Vulnerability Protection agent.
- On the OfficeScan console, navigate to Agent Management.
- Select the OfficeScan endpoint where you uninstall the agent and click Remove Domain/Agent.
- On the Vulnerability Protection Manager console, go to Computers page.
- Right-click the OfficeScan endpoint and select Properties to open the OfficeScan Synchronization Properties page.
- Enable the Delete endpoints and groups when they are removed from the OfficeScan server check box and click Apply.
- On the same OfficeScan Synchronization Properties page, click Synchronize Now. Once the OfficeScan synchronization completed successfully, the endpoint you removed in Step 4 will also be removed from the Vulnerability Protection Manager.
- Go to the OfficeScan endpoint machine, then unload and reload it to automatically re-register to its OfficeScan server. The said endpoint will appear again on the OfficeScan server console.
- Return to the Vulnerability Protection Manager console and open again the OfficeScan Synchronization Properties page, then click Synchronize Now. The endpoint should now sync into the Vulnerability Protection Manager.
- Go back to the OfficeScan endpoint machine and install Vulnerability Protection Agent 11.0.
- Perform Activation for the agent on the Vulnerability Protection Manager console. Once the agent is activated, it will now be a normal agent without the relay functionality.