Administrators may block installed software and existing applications that are included in agent's Inventory Database.
As an example, to block existing application PUTTY on an endpoint, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the EAC Web Management Console and go to Management > Rules page.
- Click +Add Rule and select Block.
- Provide a Rule name and expand the Blocked Applications.
- Change "Match using" to "Known appplication dynamic search".
- Click Column and select Tags.
- Type "Inventory" to display all the collected inventory from all AC Agents.
- Click AND to add a filter and choose Name to specify PUTTY as the application to block.
- Click Show Matches to display matched files of the application to block that are used by the endpoints and users. Use the Search box to type in the specific name of the user or endpoint that you want this rule to be applied to.
- Expand the "Resolved conflicts" tab and change the Conflict Resolution to "Block this file" for all PUTTY-related reference applications.
- Click Save to finish.
- Assign the newly created rule to all applicable policies where you want PUTTY to be blocked.