In SMEX version 12.5 release, Trend Micro integrates Predictive Machine Learning technology to detect more malware variants; integrates Click Time Protection service to analyze URL risks whenever an end-user clicks them; and integrates Advanced Spam Prevention filter to detect spams with social engineering attack behaviors.
This release includes the following new features and enhancements:
- Predictive Machine Learning Integration
This version of SMEX provides Predictive Machine Learning to query Trend Micro's cloud service when doing virus scanning for files such as Windows executable file (PE) and script files, to detect more malware variants.
- Advanced Spam Prevention
This version of SMEX provides Advanced Spam Prevention to detect a probable scam or attack using email messages that appear to be from a high-profile user, such as a corporate user from the executive team.
- URL Time-of-Click Protection
This version of ScanMail provides the ability to configure ScanMail to rewrite the URLs in the email message body during scanning and analyze these URLs only when the message recipient clicks on these URLs.
- External Disclaimer
This version allows you to configure SMEX to add a disclaimer at the top of the message body of all the incoming messages.
- Microsoft System Center 2016 Operations Manager Support
This version of SMEX provides the capability to send information to Microsoft System Center 2016 Operations Manager, which can monitor the SMEX operation status.
- Fresh installation for Exchange 2010
This version of SMEX supports fresh installation for Exchange 2010. It also allows you to set the remote database authentication mode with Windows Authentication.
Who Should Install this Release:
- Administrators currently running Exchange 2016, Exchange 2013 or Exchange 2010 can install this release.
- This version of SMEX supports upgrade installation from both v11.0 and v12.0 with latest service pack and patch.
ScanMail for Exchange 12.5 Full Installation Package:
Management Pack (ZIP package):
- Readme.txt - basic installation, known issues, release history and contact information
- Administrator's Guide - product overview, configuration instructions, and detailed information for managing the product environment
- Installation and Upgrade Guide - A PDF document containing product requirements, deployment planning, installation instructions and other information intended to get you "up and running"
- Online Help - Context-sensitive help screens that provide guidance for performing a task