This article discusses how the IP address or DNS of SPS 3.3 can be changed.
To change the IP Address or the DNS of SPS, follow the steps below:
- Login to SPS via CLI using a root account.
- Type the command below to change SPS IP address:
/etc/trend/svanetwork set ethernet static "<new IP address>" "<subnet mask>" "<gateway IP address>" "<vlan ID>"
The values are:
- <new IP address>: indicates the new static IP address that will be used
- <subnet mask>: indicates the Subnet Mask value that will be used (new or current)
- <gateway IP address>: indicates the Gateway route IP address that will be used (new or current)
- <vlan ID>: The ID of Vlan. Default set to "0"
Example: /etc/trend/svanetwork set ethernet static "192.168.0.1" "255.255.255.0" "192.168.0.254" "0"
- Use the following command to change IP address in "etc/issue":
sed -i 's/<old IP address>/<new IP address>/g' /etc/issue
Example: sed -i 's/192.168.0.224/192.168.0.1/g' /etc/issue
- Reboot SPS.
- Verify the changes via CLI and web console.