When using time-of-click protection, the Activation Code is required to be sent to the time-of-click web service. The web service then returns an API key. This process can be considered as the registration. One Activation Code is mapped to only one API key, but can share multiple Activation Codes.
If the old AC expires, you can directly input a new AC into the IMSVA device. This will correctly map the new AC to your API key. However, if you have tested the new AC in a QA environment, it will be mapped to another existing API key or new API key, which will cause to fail the activation of time-of-click protection feature.
For instance, if you use Activation Code 1 to register, then you will get API key 1. Then another one uses Activation Code 2 to register and gets API key 2. If you want to change your Activation Code 1 to Activation Code 2, IMSVA has to update the activation code for your time-of-click API key. In this case, mapping Activation Code 2 to API key 1 would not be possible because Activation Code 2 is already mapped to API key 2. Activation Code 2 can only have one API key mapping.
If this happens, there are two (2) options:
- Option A. Request for a new AC and do not test it in any IMSVA. Directly input it in IMSVA production environment.
- Option B. Remove the API key in the database.
The original "URL Click Tracking" logs mapped to the key cannot be queried after doing this procedure.
- SSH to the IMSVA machine which fails to update the activation code, with root credential.
- Run the following command to enter into the PostgreSQL (psql) prompt:
/opt/trend/imss/PostgreSQL/bin/psql imss sa
- Run the following psql commands to clear the "ws_api_key" and "ws_sec_key" value that can prevent the activation code from being accepted.
update tb_global_setting set value = '' where inifile='imss.ini' and section='click_protection' and name = 'ws_api_key'; update tb_global_setting set value = '' where inifile='imss.ini' and section='click_protection' and name = 'ws_sec_key';
- Exit psql prompt with "\q" command.
- Restart the IMSVA admin console service.
- Activate using the new activation code from IMSVA console.
- On the console, go to Administration > Product Licenses.
- Enter the new activation code.
- Access the Time-of-Click Protection page again to register with time-of-click web service.