After upgrading to OfficeScan XG SP1, Windows 7/2008/2008R2, agents are shown as offline in the web server console.
This issue arises from advancements in secure communications. Older operating systems do not natively support TLS 1.2 as their default secure protocol.
To resolve the issue:
- Update older systems to use TLS 1.2 as the default protocol.
- Verify protocol support by browsing SSL/TLS Capabilities of Your Browser.
- Update Windows 7/2008R2 machines to use TLS 1.2 as a default secure protocol: Update to enable TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 as a default secure protocols in WinHTTP in Windows.
- Refer to a more in-depth guide to enable TLS 1.2 support in Windows 7 or 2008R2: TLS/SSL Settings.
- If TLS 1.2 has been enabled on the system in question and it is still not reporting in, try turning off TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 and see if the connection with the console was resolved.
- If the above is not possible in the environment or not working, consult Trend Micro Technical Support for further instructions.