After installing the OfficeScan agent, Excel Power Pivot does not work anymore.
To resolve the issue:
- Log in to the OfficeScan console.
- Click on Agents > Agent management and highlight the container or machines that you want to make this configuration change for.
- Go to Settings > Scan Settings > Real-Time Scan Settings.
- On the popup window, click on the Scan Exclusion tab and add *VertiPaq*\*.xml. Make sure that you chose "add path to" so that this exclusion is appended or added to the existing exclusion list. If you choose "overwrite", then that will replace their list with this change.
- Click Apply and give it a few minutes to propagate the config change.
- You can go to the agent machine, open Registry Editor, and confirm that it got the configuration change. Go to Hkey_local_machine\software\wow6432node\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Real Time Scan Configuration, then look for the keys called:
The exclusions you made will be here and they will be separated by pipe signs.
- Test Excel Power Pivot on the agent machine to confirm that the issue is gone.