This article gives you the brief guidelines for TMMS server installation on Windows 2012 R2 Failover Clustering.
To setup the TMMS Local Communication Server fail-over cluster, check the following:
TMMS failover cluster consists of two main components:
- TMMS Management Server
- Local Communication Server(LCS) Failover cluster
- Domain Controller (Could be Existing Domain Controller)
- Shared storage
- LCS node 1
- LCS node 2
The LCS server software provides the connection services from all devices. It consists of a number of programs and information files. The default installation directory for LCS fail over cluster is in share storage Q:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Communication Server.
The server provides a repository for client connection.
The network structure and related IP address structure of Local communication server failover cluster can be seen below:
- Download the installation package from TMMS web console.
- Execute the Local communication server installer on Node 1, then click Next.
- During the connection setting of Mobile device setting, select ALLfor IP address. If you want to use different IP for Mobile devices and Management server, a different IP address can be selected for listening.
- Use FQDN as common name. If you want to use IP6 as the common name, then all devices will connect to LCS using the URL format https://ip6:4345/mobile.
- Make sure the LCS server is installed on the shared storage.
- Follow the installation wizard to finish the LCS installation.
- After the installation process finished, stop the following Local Communication Server services:
- Mobile Security Communication Server
- Change the cluster storage owner to Node 2.
- Delete following installation folder:
<Shared storage disk>\Program Files\Trend Micro\Communication Server.
- Repeat steps above for Node 2. The Certificate and configuration will use the setting in this installation.
To configure the Service Role of TMMS, do the steps below:
- Open the Failover cluster Manager, click Configure Role.
- Choose Generic Service.
- In the service list, select Mobile Security Communication Server service.
- Give a name for the service role (e.g. LCSHA).
- Give a specific address for this service.
- Select the specific online storage.
- Follow the wizard, until finish configure the general service.
- Once the service role configuration has completed, the roles will be visible in Failover Cluster Manager.