When ServerProtect for Storage is running, real-time scan causes some processes (such as system backup, compiler) to have low performance. For application programs that you trust, they should be added to the exception process list of real-time scan to avoid any impact on their peformance.
The application programs can be added into exception process list from registry manually.
Here are the suggestion for this feature:
- The application programs should have a valid digital signature.
- The application programs should not be started from C:\windows\System32.
- All application programs must be in a LONG path name format using their full file path. Remote file paths are not supported.
- ServerProtect for Storage stores up to 512 entries (with process ID values) in the exception process list. If you add more than 512 entries, additional entries will be ignored.
- Assuming that an application program has been added to exception process list and has been running, when this application program is removed from the exception process list, it is still prevented from scanning until you exit.