Know how the Control Manager Syslog Forwarder works whenever you need to restart the Control Manager/Apex Central™ server.
To understand the Syslog Forwarder behavior, below is sample scenario:
- The Syslog Forwader has been started and its process LogForwader (32-bit) is running.
- Restart the Control Manager/Apex Central™ server and click Restart anyway.
- After the restart, you will notice in the Task Manager that the LogForwader (32-bit) process is still running.
- Run the LogForwarder tool. Perform the either of the following:
- For Control Manager: Run the LogForwarder tool as an administrator. You need an administrator account to run the tool. Otherwise, you will encounter an error.
- For Apex Central: Logon to the web console then go to Administration > Settings > Syslog Settings
- Notice that the LogForwarder tool's settings and status are in place.
The scenario above confirms that the LogForwarder tool will still continue to run even when the Control Manager/Apex Central™ server needs to restart. It will write a process name in the watch process list.