Know how the Control Manager Syslog Forwarder works whenever you need to restart the Control Manager server.
To understand the Syslog Forwarder behavior, below is sample scenario:
- The Syslog Forwader has been started and its process LogForwader (32-bit) is running.
- Restart the Control Manager server and click Restart anyway.
- After the restart, you will notice in the Task Manager that the LogForwader (32-bit) process is still running.
- Run the LogForwarder tool as an administrator. You need an administrator account to run the tool. Otherwise, you will encounter an error.
- Notice that the LogForwarder tool's settings and status are in place.
The scenario above confirms that the LogForwarder tool will still continue to run even when the Control Manager server needs to restart. It will write a process name in the watch process list.