When the IM Security application is set to "disabled" in Lync or the SfB Control Panel, IM traffic is directed to Lync/SfB while bypassing IM Security scanning. This can be used to allow IM traffic to flow when troubleshooting issues relating to Instant Messages or the IM Security product itself.
- Stop IM Security related services:
- Trend Micro IM Security Server
- Trend Micro IM Security System Attendant
- SQL Server (IMSECURITY)
- Delete the registry entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\IM Security\ if the IM Security is version 1.6 and is freshly installed. If the version was upgraded, there might still be entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432\TrendMicro\IM Security\.
- Delete the IM Security website from IIS or Apache server.
- Uninstall SQL IMSECURITY instance component from the Control Panel.
- Follow these steps to delete the IM Security WMI configuration settings:
- Install WMI Administrative Tools.
- From the Start menu, open WMI Tools > WMI CIM Studio.
- Connect to Trend Micro Namespace.
- On the left panel, click _SystemClass > _NAMESPACE.
- From the toolbar on the upper right panel, click Instance.
- Click Delete on the toolbar to delete IM Security Namespace
- Delete the program shortcut:
- Open C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
- Delete the folder named, "Trend Micro IM Security for Microsoft Office Communications Server".
- Delete IM Security services:
- Open a command prompt.
- To delete Trend Micro IM Security Server service, use the command:
sc delete IMSHostService
- To delete Trend Micro IM Security System Attendant service, use the command:
sc delete IMSSAService
- Remove IM Security files. For example, delete all files under C:\Program Files (x86)\IM Security.
- Use Microsoft Fixit tool for the programs that cannot be installed or uninstalled.
- Delete the IM Security notification account [IMS_ServerName] account in Active Directory Users.