Upgrading the Data Protection Plugin from version 1.0.1029 to 1.0.1031 results in:
- Installation hang
- Status showing the Upgrade and Install icon is grayed out and cannot be clicked on
- Manage Program showing "HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory"
To resolve the issues related to the Data Loss Protection (DLP) Plug-in upgrade:
- Stop the OfficeScan Plug-in Manager service.
- Rename the DLP folder in C:\program Files\TrendMicro\Officescan\Addon\.
- Modify the registry keys as follows:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\OfficeScan\Service\AOS\OSCE_ADDON_DLP\1.0.1029 Status = 3
- Modify Pccsrv\private\dlp.ini as follows:
- Remove the activation code from the [License] section in dlp.ini and save the changes.
- Restart the OfficeScan Plug-in Manager service.
- Log on to the OfficeScan console and install DLP 1.0.1029.
- Back up the DLP folder in C:\program Files\TrendMicro\Officescan\Addon\.
- Back up the registry hive:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\ OfficeScan\service\Aos\OSCE_ADDON_DLP1_1_0.1029 key
- Log on to the console then install the upgrade again (i.e. DLP 1.0.1031).