When you navigate to Administration > Updates > Software and then click Check for updates, the following error message appears:
Internal server error. The server encounters an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact support if this error occurs again.
Upon checking the logs, there is a missing method which is part of httpclient-4.5.x library.
May 01, 2018 6:51:01 AM com.thirdbrigade.manager.core.scheduler.jobschedulers.jobs.Job run SEVERE: ThID:151|TID:0|TNAME:Primary|UID:-1|UNAME:|Exception in java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.http.client.methods.HttpPost.setConfig(Lorg/apache/http/client/config/RequestConfig;)V
In addition, the file list shows the following:
D:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Deep Security Manager\webclient\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib\httpclient-4.2.5.jar - 433368
The issue occurs because Deep Security Manager is still using the old library. It is possible that this section was not upgraded during the upgrade process from version 9.6 to 10.0.
To resolve the issue:
- On the SQL Server, back up the Deep Security Manager database and make sure it is not corrupted. In case you have an SQL Server administrator, you may ask for assistance in performing the database backup.
- Run the Deep Security Manager 10.0 installer.
- When the wizard shows an option to repair, stop the Deep Security Manager services and click Repair in the installation wizard.
- After completing the repair, go to ..\Deep Security Manager\webclient\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib and verify that there are no multiple copies of java libraries. It should only display the newer version (httpclient-4.5.2.jar).
- Reboot the Deep Security Manager server.
- Perform necessary checks (e.g. vCenter sync) to ensure that Deep Security Manager is working.