Learn how to renew the Apple Push Notification (APN) certificate so users won't have to re-enroll their mobile devices.
Renewing the APNs certificate is similar as creating a new one. To do so, follow the procedure below:
- Generate a CSR file from IIS by following this article: Generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for Mobile Security (TMMS).
- Sign the CSR file through the Trend Micro APNs Certificate Signing Portal.
- Get the Trend Micro signed CSR from email and upload the CSR to Apple Push Certificates Portal. Click the Renew button on the portal.
- Download the new certificate from Apple APN Certificate Portal.
- Change the extension name of the renewed certificate from PEM to CER (e.g. Mobile Device Management.PEM to Mobile Device Management.CER).
- Go to IIS Manager ServerName Server Certificates.
- On the right pane, click Complete Certificate Request. The Complete Certificate Request Wizard will appear.
- Locate the CER file.
- On Friendly Name, type Trend Micro Mobile Security for Enterprise MDM APNs.
- Follow the prompts and complete the wizard.
- Verify that your Apple Production Push Services certificate appears on the Server Certificates list.
- Right-click the certificate in the Server Certificates list, and then click Export.
- Select the location where you want to save the file, choose a password for exporting, and then click OK.
- Re-upload the certificate to Mobile Security for Enterprise console.