- Install Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Stop the following Control Manager Services:
- Trend Micro Control Manager
- Trend Micro Management Infrastructure
- Trend Micro Common CGI
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the SQL Express Instance.
- Right click on "db_ControlManager" (it can differ if you chose a different name)
- Click on Tasks > Detach.
- Tick Drop Connections and Update Statistics. All existing Connections will be dropped.
- Copy the following database files to the new SQL Server:
The default file location of the SQL Server is \Program Files\ Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL<Version>.<InstanceID>\MSSQL\DATA
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the new SQL Server Instance.
- On the left pane, right-click on Databases, then select Attach...
- Click on Add.
- Choose which Database you want to attach.
- Once the Database is successfully attached, configure TMCM to connect to the new Database. Do the following:
- Go to the TMCM Server and open Command Prompt.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\Control Manager\DBConfig.
- Use the following command:
DBConfig.exe -DBName="<DBname>" -DBAccount="<DBaccount>" -DBPassword="<password>" -Mode=">WA or SQL>" -DBHost="<IP address or FQDN of SQL server>"
- DBName - Name of the Database
- DBAccount - Account used to login on the SQL Server Management Studio to access the DB
- DBPassword - Password used to login on the SQL Server Management Studio to access the DB
- Mode - There are 2 options WA (Windows Authentication) or SQL
- DBHost - Use the IP or FQDN of your SQL Server
Below is an example of a successful connection to the database:
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
Moving the Control Manager database from SQL Express to SQL (Full version)
Thank you for your feedback!