Deep Security is committed to providing ongoing, long term support for the Solaris platform.
As evidence of this commitment we are releasing a new version of the Deep Security Agent for Solaris in the second half of 2018 as a software update for Deep Security 11.0. Solaris platforms that will be supported by the new agent to be released in the second half of 2018 are Solaris 10 Update 3 or later.
It should also be noted that the Deep Security 9.0 Agent is approaching its global End of Support (EoS) date (December 31, 2018). As a result you must plan to upgrade Deep Security 9.0 Agents to continue to receive product support. Please consult the help center documentation (Deep Security Manager - Agent compatibility by platform) to ensure that the Deep Security Manager version you are using is compatible with the agent version you will be upgrading to.
In an attempt to reduce the impact of this transition to customers:
- We are proving advance notice of the introduction of the new Deep Security 11.0 Agent in 2H 2018 for Solaris now
- We will extend the EoS date for use of the Deep Security 9.0 Agent on Solaris to March 31, 2019
- We will support use of the Deep Security 9.0 agent on Solaris with Deep Security Manager 11.0. This will ensure customers have a supported upgrade path to Deep Security 11.0 and can begin upgrades today.
Support requests for Deep Security 9.0 agents on Solaris will continue to be honored until the end of support date (March 31, 2019). However, as the date draws closer, and depending on the issue, our support teams may recommend resolution using the Deep Security 11.0 Agent for Solaris, rather than providing fixes for the Deep Security 9.0 Agent.
Solaris 9.0 Considerations
Please note that support for Solaris 9.0 platform was last provided with Deep Security Agent 9.0. Therefore, correspondingly, support for the Solaris 9.0 platform will be ending with the retirement of the Deep Security Agent 9.0.
Solaris Platform Support Summary
|Solaris Version||Deep Security Agent (DSA) Version|
|DSA 9.0||DSA 10.0||DSA 11.0|
(2H 2018 Update for Solaris)
|Solaris 9.0||Supported 1||Not supported||Not yet available||Not supported|
|Solaris 11.2, 11.3|
(64-bit, SPARC or x86)
1 Global version is supported until March 31, 2019 (revised from the original December 31, 2018). Deep Security Manager (DSM) versions that support Deep Security Agent (DSA) 9.0 include 9.0, 9.6, 10.0, and now 11.0.
3 Please see DSA 11.0 platform compatibility for more information. DSM 11.0 will support DSA 11.0 2H 2018 Update for Solaris.
- If you are using Deep Security 9.0 (agents and manager) you must upgrade Deep Security prior to the EoS date to continue to receive support.
- If you use the Solaris 9.0 platform you must also move these computers to a more recent version of Solaris to continue using a supported version of Deep Security.
- Assess your current deployment and plan your upgrade to Deep Security 11.0 now.
Upgrading to Deep Security 11.0 today has many benefits:
- You gain access to the security, performance, quality improvements introduced in Deep Security 11.0 as well as a number of new features and capabilities.
- You will be ready to deploy the Deep Security 11.0 Agent for Solaris in 2H 2018 as soon as it becomes available.
- You will ensure uninterrupted support on the Solaris platform and reduce the risk and business impact if a support request results in a request to upgrade to the Deep Security 11.0 Agent for Solaris.