This article discusses the available support for Deep Security running on AIX environment.
Deep Security is committed to providing ongoing, long term support for the AIX platform.
As evidence of this commitment, we are releasing a new version of Deep Security Agent for AIX in the second half of 2018 as a software update for Deep Security 11.0. AIX platforms that will be supported by the new agent are AIX 6.1, 7.1, and 7.2.
To reduce the impact of the transition to the new agent on AIX to customers we are taking the following steps:
- We are providing advance notice of the introduction to the new Deep Security 11.0 Agent for AIX in 2H 2018.
- We will extend the end of support date for Deep Security Agent 9.0 on AIX to March 31, 2019.
The new Deep Security Agent 11.0 for AIX will require that Deep Security Manager should also be at version 11.0. We recommend that customers using the Deep Security Agent 9.0 on AIX plan their upgrade to Deep Security Manager 11.0 as soon as possible in preparation for the release of the new 11.0 agent for AIX.
Support requests for Deep Security Agent 9.0 on AIX will continue to be honoured until the end of support date, which is March 31, 2019. However, as the date draws closer, and depending on the issue, our support teams may recommend resolution using the Deep Security Agent 11.0 for AIX, rather than providing fixes for the Deep Security Agent 9.0.
Upgrading to Deep Security 11.0 today has multiple benefits such as follows:
- You gain access to the security, performance, quality improvements introduced in Deep Security 11.0 as well as a number of new features and capabilities.
- You will be ready to deploy the Deep Security 11.0 Agent for AIX in 2H 2018 as soon as it becomes available.
- You will ensure uninterrupted support on the AIX platform and reduce the risk and business impact if a support request results in the need to upgrade from the Deep Security Agent 9.0 for AIX to the Deep Security Agent 11.0 for AIX.