Security administrators receive advisories from different organizations containing IOCs. They are often tasked to block the IOCs which include SHA-1 hash values. Learn which Trend Micro products are capable of blocking SHA-1 hash values.
There is no way to directly block SHA-1 hash values on other Trend Micro products without using Control Manager. SHA-1 hash values can only be blocked using Control Manager’s User-Defined Suspicious Object (UDSO). Other Trend Micro products sync the UDSO and take action on a file with matching SHA-1 hash value depending on the configuration.
The following products sync SHA-1 UDSO from Control Manager:
- Interscan Messaging Security Virtual Appliance (IMSVA)
- Interscan Web Security Virtual Appliance (IWSVA)
- Endpoint Application Control (EAC)
- Deep Discovery Inspector (DDI)
- Deep Discovery Email Inspector (DDEI)
The following products DO NOT sync SHA-1 UDSO from Control Manager:
- Deep Security
- Deep Discovery Analyzer (DDAn)
- Smart Protection Server (SPS)
To block SHA-1 hash values using Control Manager, do the following: