When upgrading from OfficeScan XG Service Pack 1, the setup program may detect and show a message that says the current server uses HTTP protocol to communicate with agents.
Apex One only supports the use of HTTPS protocol to communicate with Security Agents. Please change the communication protocol to HTTPS before upgrading the server.
To change the communication protocol to HTTPS:
- Make a copy of ofcscan.ini (C:\Program files (x86)\Trend Micro\Officescan\PCCSRV).
- Stop the OfficeScan Master Service.
- Make these changes:
ASE = 1
- Save and exit the file.
- Restart the OfficeScan Master Service.
- Log in to the OfficeScan console and click on Agents > Global Agent Settings.
- Click Save even if there were no changes.
- After a few minutes, check ofcscan.ini again to see if the ASE value changed. Make sure that it's set to "1".
- Unload and reload the OfficeScan agent on your machine. You can confirm on your machine's registry:
- For x64 platform: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\]
- For x86 platform: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\]
Any agents that get this configuration change will unload and reload the OfficeScan agent automatically.