After installing the TMSM agent on the DMZ, the following error message can be seen:
“Protection at risk. The agent is not registered to any server.”
To resolve this issue, do the following:
- Test the connection between the agent and server using the commands:
- Ping <server IP>
- telnet <server IP> <port>
- Ping <server FQDN>
- telnet <server fqdn> <port>
- The default port is 61617.
- There should be 2 or 4 connection test that results to PASS to ensure the connection.
- Ensure that the <port> used is open for agent-to-server communication.
- Manually add the agent to the server. Do the following:
- Login to the OfficeScan Server Web console, then go to Administration > Agent - Server Communication.
- For the "Server name (or IP address):" field, enter the agent’s visible ip address.
- Click Add, and then click Save.
- Click OK once the message "New setting will take effect after Trend Micro Security (for Mac) services are restarted..." appears.
- Open Command Prompt with admin rights, navigate to ..\TMSM\ and launch the restart_TMSM.bat file. This will restart the service to make the TMSM agent package reflect the new entered information.
- Get the install package from ..\TMSM\TMSM_HTML\ActiveUpdate\ClientInstall and redo the agent installation on the Mac computer.