During the Apex Central setup process, the IP address dropdown does not show the option to use FQDN when specifying the host address for the Apex Central server.
This article discusses the steps that you can do when the FQDN cannot be selected during the installation of Apex Central.
This issue can happen if the DNS Suffix of the NIC is empty. There are two workarounds for this issue:
Configure or set the DNS Suffix prior to installation of Apex Central. This can be done when:
- The machine uses Static IP
- You do not prefer to permanently set the DNS Suffix from DHCP
To configure the DNS Suffix, do the steps below:
- Open the Run window, type "ncpa.cpl", and then click OK.
This will open the Network Connections window.
- Right-click the connection that you want to change, and then select Properties. If prompted, provide the Administrator password or confirmation.
- Under the "This connection uses the following items" section, select IPv4 or IPv6, whichever is applicable.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Advance button.
- On the new window, go to the DNS tab.
- Provide the DNS Suffix for this connection.