Trend Micro Predictive Machine Learning (PML) uses advanced machine learning technology to correlate threat information and perform in-depth file analysis to detect emerging unknown security risks through digital DNA fingerprinting, API mapping, and other file features. Predictive Machine Learning also performs a behavioral analysis on unknown or low-prevalence processes to determine if an emerging or unknown threat is attempting to infect your network.
Sometimes, there are issues related with Predictive machine learning wherein certain applications hang or some installers are not working when the PML is turned on.
This usually occurs because of the sharing violation wherein the agent accesses the file/process and then another application attempts to open the same file/process.
To prevent the issue from happening, do the following to defer the scanning of the agent for 5 seconds:
- On the OfficeScan Server, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV.
- Back up ofcscan.ini.
- Edit the original ofcscan.ini.
- Add the following lines in the [Global Setting] section of ofcscan.ini:
x = number of processes that you want to add on the defer scan list
- Save the file.
- On the OfficeScan Server, log-in to Management Console.
- Go to Agents > Agent Global Settings and click Save at the bottom.
- Manually update the OfficeScan agent (on the affected machine).
- Check the TXS.ini in client folder, and it should contain following settings. The encrypted string may be different.
DS_ProcessName001=!CRYPTEX7CE259E5AA8B6E3D3FE12D60C52335CA04245384D961652A044E9F83698C8B32DA9DAE40431F842AA9BCAF0FBAA0E6FCE69B2549420EF388DF99977A1446EA62FF5BA86B87CF3A62555ACA0BABB4E718This is an example file. Values and strings will vary. This file should not be edited manually.